As one of the renowned tourist destination, the Schwerin Castle spotted in Schwerin, in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania state, Germany. It had been home to dukes as well as grand dukes of Mecklenberg, as well as that of Mecklenberg-Schwerin for centuries. Presently, it is held as the seat related to the state parliament. The first mention of this castle was done in 973 by Ibrahim ibn Jacub.
The Schwerin Castle unveils glittering old spires and gables, and the Schwerin Castle also gets described as the ‘Neuschwanstein of the North’. The exteriors of this castle embrace several architectural styles. The State Museum that gets spotted in the Old Gardens unveils a huge collection that unveils Dutch paintings. Though this castle was set alight by Abrodite Prince Nicelot to avoid the act of surrendering to the German feudal lords in 1160, it got rebuilt through the efforts of Henry the Lion.
Modifications were made through the addition of ‘Großes Neues Haus’ by Duke Magnus II. In the 16th century, the Schwerin Castle relinquished the defense capabilities, and the 17th century witnessed the castle getting transformed into that of a palace.
Schwerin had become a part related to Mecklenburg Schwerin Free State in 1918, and by the year 1921, this castle had got converted into that of a museum.